Happy 101 Award.
Last week, amidst all of the planning and preparation preceding ALA Midwinter, a fellow blogger karen the librarian gave me a Happy 101 Award. Hoorah! Karen was a classmate of mine at our fine undergraduate institution, St. John Fisher College. We also worked in the library together (our first lib gigs!) and then went on to complete the same distance learning program at Syracuse University (although a few years apart). She’s almost done with her program (School Media Specialization) and is already proving to be a great addition to our profession! Make sure you check out her blog and pay close attention during the next few years. I’m certain she’ll be a star. Thanks Karen!
It’s basically one of those Internet meme dealies – once someone gives it to you, you blog a list of ten things that make you happy. Then you pass the award on to 10 of your favorite bloggers (essentially tagging them to do the same). So here I go!
Ten things that have recently made me happy:
- Finding good friends here in Lancaster, including Amy, Kate, Bryan, Sheila & Melissa.
- Coming home every day to an amazing apartment and an even more amazing boyfriend❤.
- Finding the perfect brown boots (here if you’re searching – I highly recommend them).
- The consistent support and kindness of mentors like Robert Chandler.
- Waking up to find my family in my bedroom for a surprise Thanksgiving visit.
- Booking flights for a trip to Florida to visit my friend Crystal in March.
- Seeing my college roommate Pam in Boston last week.
- Being able to make a $1,000.00 payment on my student loans.
- The means and ability to donate time and money to worthy causes.
- Hearing Miss Woog’s beautiful voice reading poetry to me via the interwebs.
Ten bloggers I enjoy (there are so many more!):
- Kate @ Mainly Veggie
- Emily @ Eating to Run
- Leigh Anne @ Library Alchemy
- Kiyomi @ The Library Adventures of Kiyomi
- Everyone @ The Young Librarian Series
- Everyone @ Library Garden
- Megan @ Stuck in the Middle
- Natalija @ Natalija Creates
- Jen & Jason @ The Dean Files
Okay, so that was 11 but who is counting… Hopefully *someone* keeps the meme going. Thanks for all of the excellent blogging, people. You inspire me and countless others, I am sure of it. Keep up the good work!