Donnie: How can you do that?
Frank: I can do anything I want. And so can you.
– Donnie Darko
Reflecting always reminds me that I’m on the right path.
What’s your resolution?
- Finished (survived?) my first post-MLIS semester as a tenure-track librarian at a university. Overall very satisfied and still excited. Is that normal?
- Millersville University Library just launched its Facebook page (become a fan!), we’re holding a game night in February (poster 1 : poster 2), and I’m working on outreach to students, faculty, staff and community members. Um, loving it! I have my own office with new furniture, a huge desk and an intern helping out for the spring semester: the best part is that she wants to be a librarian!
- During the course of 2008 I reviewed 14 books, wrote 4 articles, presented 4 poster sessions, did 3 presentations, attended 2 workshops, 2 conferences, 1 unconference and 1 webinar. And only posted 33 entries to libraryscenester… whoops.
- Looking for a new apartment in the city of Lancaster, enjoying what the city has to offer – specifically the market(s), Square One Coffee, the secret alleyways, brick sidewalks, residing in the oldest inland city in the country, and some gems of new friends.
- 2008 marked the first September since 1989 that I have not been enrolled in a formal education program. For 19 of my 24 years of living, I have been learning in Kendall, Rochester & Syracuse. In 2009 I continue with my first stint in PA: taking my first course towards an MA in English with a concentration in Creative Writing from West Chester University of Pennsylvania.
- Missing my family immensely.
- Exploring via bike, testing sushi places within walking distance, scouring thrift stores (best finds of ’08 include a brand new french press & a Visions Corningware Cranberry saucepan w/lid) listening to new music (She & Him), podcasts (radiolab) & seeing sweet films (Slumdog Millionaire, MILK).
- Best show of 2008 = Neko Case in Ithaca, NY.
Ohh 2009… You pounced onto me like a kitten onto a ball of catnip. The things I have in store for you!
(…first Midwinter, first ALA Annual, cross country road trip, Anthony Raneri solo shows, ASHLEYah!… ya know, the norm)